Making America Great Again
President Donald J. Trump Achievements
FULFILLING OUR COMMITMENT TO OUR COUNTRY’S VETERANS:
President Trump is making sure the government fulfills its commitment to our country’s Veterans.
President Trump signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the Department of Veterans Affairs (V.A.) to fire failing employees and establish safeguards to protect whistleblowers.
- This resulted in Veterans Affairs firing 1,298 employees, suspending 425, and demoting 73.
After it passed unanimously in August 2017, President Trump signed the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act.
- This streamlined the lengthy process that veterans undergo when appealing disability benefits claims with the Veterans Affairs.
The President signed the Harry W. Colmery Veterans Educational Assistance Act, an important step in providing our nation’s heroes the support they have earned.
- This funded the post-9/11 GI Bill, which provided educational benefits to veterans, service members, and their family members, including tuition, fees, books, housing, and additional costs.
The President signed the V.A. Choice and Quality Employment Act of 2017 to authorize $2.1 billion in additional funds for the Veterans Choice Program (VCP).
- President Trump signed a bill to allow the V.A. to fire incompetent employees.
- President Trump signed legislation to fully fund the popular V.A. Choice Program.
The Trump Administration created a new White House V.A. Hotline, staffed by veterans and family members.
Veterans Affairs increased transparency and accountability by launching an online “Access and Quality Tool.” This provides veterans a way to access wait time and quality of care data.
President Trump and Veterans Affairs Secretary Dr. David Shulkin announced three initiatives to expand access to healthcare for veterans using telehealth technology:
- “Anywhere to Anywhere Veterans Affairs Health Care” allows Veterans Affairs providers to use telehealth technology to serve veterans no matter where the provider or veteran is located.
- V.A. Video Connect allows veterans and providers to connect by video across the country.
- The Veteran Appointment Request (VAR) application allows veterans to schedule appointments at Veterans Affairs facilities on digital devices.