Economy and Jobs
Consumer Confidence Hits 130.8, The Highest Level Since November 2000
President Trump has renewed economic optimism:
Consumer confidence registered a 17-year high since President Trump took office. The stock market is shattering records. Job numbers are improving. These data points are evidence that the economic “spirit of optimism” about which President Trump has spoken frequently is real.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average is up over 32 percent since Election Day 2016 and closed over 24,000 points for the first time in history on November 30th, 2017.
- In 2017, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has had 70 record highs, setting a new record for record closes.
- Orders for semi-trucks more than doubled in October compared with the same period in 2016.
- The National Association of Manufacturers’ Outlook Survey showed the highest three-quarter average of 90.87 percent for manufacturing optimism in the survey’s 20-year history.
- The Institute for Supply Management reported that the manufacturing sector grew for the 14th consecutive month since the election.
- According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. personal income rose by 0.4 percent in October.
- According to the third quarter CNBC All-America Economic Survey, more people believe the economy is excellent or good than at any other point in the past 10 years.
- Wells Fargo/Gallup Small Business Index showed small business optimism held steady in the 3rd quarter after the biggest increase in decades during the 2nd quarter.
- According to Pew Research, more than 80 percent feel the American dream is within reach.
President Trump’s Focus Brings Renewed Optimism to America’s Manufacturers
Dow rockets past 24,000, building on incredible post-election surge
North American truck orders more than double in October
National Association of Manufacturers
2017 Third Quarter Manufacturers' Outlook Survey
Most think the ‘American dream’ is within reach for them
Wells Fargo Survey
Wells Fargo survey: Small business optimism reaches highest point in a decade
Economic optimism soars, boosting Trump's approval rating: CNBC survey
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Personal Income and Outlays, October 2017